Friday 25 September 2015

Wednesday: Queens of the Stone Age - I'm Designer

     Usually I'm one of those guys whose like "Sure, the new album is OK, but the old stuff's better". Name pretty much any band I listen to, and chances are I'm a bigger fan of their earlier work than their later stuff. This post is intended to demonstrate that I listen to more than a band's first two albums.

     Now, before you go too crazy, your Wednesday Queens of the Stone Age song does come from an album that's nearly nine years old already. But "I'm Designer" comes from the bands fifth studio album, 2007's Era Vulgaris, meaning that it definitely qualifies as coming from something other than the band's first couple of albums. And yet it's still cool, proving that Queens of the Stone Age have remained capable of crafting some good tunes throughout their career. Keep it coming, boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment