Thursday 11 June 2015

Saturday: Neck of the Woods - Disavow

     Do you, like me, enjoy some good proggy metalcore? If, like me, you do, then you'll likely find Vancouver's Neck of the Woods as interesting as I do. If you don't, well, maybe the following uninteresting rambling could be a valuable ESL exercise in reading comprehension for you or someone you know? Make lemons into lemonade, I say.

     Anyways, Neck of the Woods has recently released a self-titled EP of tasty progressive metalcore that you should know about, hence the feature for an overdue Saturday song. There're a couple of candidates for my favourite on this one, so I've decided to play it safe and start you at the start, with EP opener "Disavow", a seven-minute manifesto outlining the Neck of the Woods party platform.

     Things start out moody and sinister-sounding, complete with wailing solo, and while the track does take a couple of minutes to get really crunchy, when it does it's pretty much wall-to-wall riffy, proggy goodness for the duration until things transition smoothly into the EP's next track. Like I said, it's tasty stuff, so check out Neck of the Woods and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment