Thursday 18 June 2015

Killswitch Engage - Self Revolution

     If I had one of those signs like factories in cartoons always seem to, with the little number placards denoting the (usually comically few) number of days since the last accident, today would be the day I reset the sign for 'number of days since last missed Song of the Day'. Oh happy day.

     Since it's Thursday, I'm going to keep this on-time post nice and simple with a nice little throwback to a track from one of the best albums by one of modern metal's biggest names. We could go back and forth all day about how to order Killswitch Engage's catalogue, particularly when it comes to the newer stuff I think, but I don't think any KSE fans would argue that 2002's Alive or Just Breathing is among the band's best.

     So your actually-on-time Throwback Thursday song for this week is one of my favourite cuts from that masterpiece of metalcore, namely "Self Revolution". Break the foundations, collapse the control, and start the revolution within... by cranking this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment