Saturday 30 May 2015

Thursday: Nothingface - Ether

     It's looking more and more like Throwback Thursday might become a regular feature around here, given how often I use the penultimate day of the work week as an excuse to post about some blast from the past or other. Not that I'm against that, nostalgia junkie that I am.

     This week is going to be no different, as I throw it back once again to one of our favourite bygone bands of yesteryear with a track from their final album. The band in question is Nothingface, in my opinion one of the more underrated bands to never make it big in the late 90's and early 2000's, and the album is Nothingface's 2003 swansong Skeletons.

     Skeletons didn't make a whole lot of waves when it came out, and it only produced a long single "Ether", your Throwback Thursday song. Maybe "Ether" and Skeletons were a little too catchy and "radio-friendly" for Nothingface's existing fanbase, or maybe Nothingface never had the support to make it big anyways. Or maybe the band simply imploded before they really had a chance. I don't know, but I do know that Nothingface ran its course too soon for me and some of my friends, so raise a glass and then bang your head to what was and what could have been with Nothingface.

No comments:

Post a Comment