Friday 28 February 2014

Wednesday: Thomas Giles - Hypoxia

     Well, my midterm marking is finally done, which means I've got some time to get caught up on a bunch of shit. And the first order of business on my shit list is you guys! So let's get started with something for Wednesday.

     That something is going to be a little mellow, but hopefully a little eye-opening for some of you. First, listen to "Hypoxia" from the 2011 album Pulse by Thomas Giles. Then answer a couple of questions for me: Does that name look familiar? And does he sound familiar? He should. Those layered vocals can also be found in the chaotic mix of sound that is Between the Buried and Me, since Thomas Giles is also Tommy Rogers, the band's vocalist and keyboardist.

     (I know, it's like when teenaged me and my friends realized that Jason Lee the actor is in fact also Jason Lee the pro-skateboarder from the early 90's. In the words of Neo, "Whoah".)

     So think back to Wednesday, chill out a bit, and most importantly, keep breathing.


No comments:

Post a Comment