Tuesday 11 February 2014

Genghis Tron - Endless Teeth

     Today's song is for anybody who only has two minutes in which to rock out. Oh, and also anybody who also would like nightmares tonight. You've been warned.

     The nightmares I'm talking about will be induced by the video for Genghis Tron's "Endless Teeth" from their 2008 sophomore LP Board Up the House. I've been familiar with Genghis Tron since back when this album came out, but beyond their clever name I never really gave them much of a chance. I was into more straight-ahead metal- and death-core type stuff and only just beginning to really dig more out-of-the-box stuff. I first heard Board Up the House and thought something along the lines of "yeah, OK, it's cool, but what's the big deal?"

     But that was then. Now, with what I like to think are at least somewhat more refined tastes, I revisit Genghis Tron and Board Up the House and like what I hear a lot more than I once did. I guess the lesson is don't write your opinions in stone, and be willing to change your mind. If you're looking for lessons. If you just have the two minutes to spare, then watch the fucking video already.


No comments:

Post a Comment