Sunday 29 December 2013

Saturday Song: Headstones - Cemetery

     I'm a few hours late with today's (or rather yesterday's) song, but at least my excuse is better than my usual "I fell asleep". Regular readers might remember that I got my girlfriend Headstones tickets for her birthday, and the show was tonight. We just got home, hence your Saturday song actually coming a few hours into Sunday.

     But enough boring stuff, on with the song! Predictably, I'm going with a Headstones song for your Saturday tune, namely "Cemetery" from the bands 1993 debut Picture of Health. In addition to being a catchy little rock ditty with a punky edge to it, "Cemetery" has the distinction of being the most up-beat song about necrophilia you'll ever hear. If this isn't reason enough to give it a listen while you're awaiting my Headstones pit report, I don't know what is.


No comments:

Post a Comment