Sunday 24 January 2016

Tuesday the 12th: Atlantis Chronicles - Within the Massive Stream

     Strap on your air hose and make sure your diving bell is in good working condition, because your Tech Tuesday post for the 12th is going to take us under the sea for the latest from the French death metallers in Atlantis Chronicles.

     The sophomore nautical-themed Atlantis Chronicles LP, Barton's Odyssey, is due out in March, but we're getting our second taste of what's in store in the form of "Within the Massive Stream", a suitably massive slab of speedy melodic death metal. If I had to pick a comparison, I might say the musicianship of The Faceless meets the melodic sensibility and recent lyrical themes of The Ocean, but I think you should just check this one out for yourself. If my description sounds good to you, so much the better. And if it doesn't, well, don't let my lazy imagination hold you back. Give "Within the Massive Stream" a listen and leave a comment with your own succinct description. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment