Sunday 3 January 2016

Christmas Eve: Bing Crosby - White Christmas

     Happy New Year everybody! I may not have bee around much over the past week or so, but that doesn't mean I'm gone for good. I hope your holidays have been restful, because it's time to get back to the wonderful world of metal.

     Well... not quite. Since I'm far enough behind that I still need to do stuff for Christmas, I'll favour you with some holiday trivia that I somehow only learned about this year. Your much belated Christmas Eve song is Bing Crosby's classic rendition of Irving Berlin's classic "White Christmas", which happens to be the best-selling single of all time. Think about that for a second. Any one-hit wonder you think has been undeseveredly huge? Bing's topped it. Any grating pop song that's ever earwormed its way into your skull? Bing's got it beat. Literally every metal song ever? Bing by a landslide. I've never been a fan of White Christmas the movie, but "White Christmas" the song definitely comes out here every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment