Thursday 12 November 2015

Wednesday: Intervals - I'm Awake

     You guys should know by now that I'm always excited when I get to feature new music by a band I dig. The Canadian origin of today's song, fact that it's from an outfit that's just so damn tasty, and the scant couple of weeks I'm going to have to wait to hear the rest of this new album are all just various shapes of icing on this colourful cake. (See what I did there?)

     "I'm Awake" is the first single from the upcoming new Intervals album The Shape of Colour, and it's definitely got enough bouncy instrumental prog energy to wake you up and get you going. Fans of the band will likely know that the lineup has changed significantly since the release of Intervals' debut LP A Voice Within, but you can rest assured right now that primary songwriter Aaron Marshall is still going strong. Some slick and emotive lead work and some really interesting phrasing in the main riffs of "I'm Awake" have already whetted my appetite for the early December release of The Shape of Colour. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment