Monday 19 October 2015

Thursday: Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills

     As I've said many times before, sometimes the gods speak to us more loudly than others. This morning, the local rock radio station favoured me with some Iron Maiden, and in that moment I knew that the gods were telling me where (and when!) to go for last week's Throwback Thursday post.

     The Maiden song in question, and your Throwback Thursday song for last week, is the absolutely classic "Run to the Hills" from the 1982 masterpiece The Number of the Beast. From Steve Harris' galloping bass to Bruce Dickinson's as-usual stellar vocal performance, everything on this one is, as I said, classic. If somehow you know someone who doesn't know anything about Iron Maiden, this might just be the track to start them off on.

No comments:

Post a Comment