Tuesday 20 October 2015

Sunday: Novallo - Visually Silent

     I'm pretty late to the party on this one, but since when have I ever let that stop me from spreading the good word? And as a bonus, if you dig this one, there's some new material from these guys all fresh and shiny and waiting for you.

     Your Sunday song tonight, "Visually Silent" from the 2012 debut self-titled EP by Ohio tech-djent five-piece Novallo, is equal parts progressive melodicism, glitchy noodling, and djenty grooving. Monuments and Glass Cloud are coming to mind right now as touchstones, but really, I think you should check Novallo out for yourself. And if, like me, you dig "Visually Silent" and the rest of band's stuff from 2012, you'll be happy to know that, like I said above, Novallo's follow-up EP dropped last month. So get listening already!

No comments:

Post a Comment