Sunday 23 August 2015

Saturday: Deafheaven - Brought to the Water

     I've posted about Deafheaven before, back when 2013's Sunbather was all new and shiny, but they're not a band that's seen heavy rotation in my playlist since then. I'm not sure what it is about them that hasn't grabbed me yet, but perhaps their upcoming New Bermuda will change that.

     If new track "Brought to the Water" is any indication of New Bermuda's overall level of quality, I may well have to revisit my opinion of Deafheaven, because this particular track is pretty fucking awesome. You guys should know by now that I'm not a huge black metal guy, but the dense and ferocious brand of what I feel like calling post-black metal that Deafheaven's peddling in "Brought to the Water" is my kind of jam.

     If the rest of New Bermuda kicks this much ass come October, I'll be a pretty happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment