Friday 31 July 2015

Wednesday: Trivium - Silence in the Snow

     I haven't really gotten excited about a Trivium record in a few album cycles now, so I don't think I can be blamed for being caught off guard by the news that the band has a new record coming out this fall. Lucky for all of us who've been in the dark, Trivium have got a new single to go along with it too.

     Supposedly, the new record's title track "Silence in the Snow" was written during the sessions for 2008's Shogun. Now, to me that sounds a little bit like Matt and Company attempting to pander to their fanbase, but at least the band seems to recognize what lots of people considered their heyday to be. I think I'll just play it safe and reserve judgement as to which era of Trivium's catalogue Silence in the Snow evokes most until I've heard more of the record.

     Any road, for the time being we can all give "Silence in the Snow" a couple of spins. It's a bit more of a mid-tempo radio number, with Matt's big cleans giving things an almost power metal kind of feel. It's probably not going to be a lot of people's cup of tea, but like I said, October is a ways off yet, and this might just be the tip of the iceberg. Let's all just wait and see, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment