Thursday 11 June 2015

Sunday: Slipknot - Killpop

     I've been spending some quality time with the latest Slipknot album .5: The Gray Chapter lately, and I've come to the conclusion that it's a pretty damn good addition to the Knot catalogue, and my favourite offering from the band in years. With the recent release of a new video for one of the album's standout tracks, who am I to deny you a still-belated Slipknot Sunday?

     Now, unfortunately for me, my favourite cut from The Gray Chapter isn't the song to have gotten the video treatment in question. But since "Killpop" is a great song too, and now has a typically weird, typically Slipknot music video, it's the obvious choice for your Sunday song. Doom pop verses give way to groove metal choruses, but my favourite part is how far the song comes from its sparse opening to the chaotic onslaught of its dense ending. Quite a journey for just four minutes, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment