Thursday 25 June 2015

Monday: The Black Dahlia Murder - Vlad, Son of the Dragon

     It's only been a couple of weeks since my last post about a Black Dahlia Murder song, but since then we've gotten our first taste of the upcoming new record Ambysmal, and I wouldn't be doing my job if I don't make sure you've heard it. So, it's (belated) New Metal Monday time.

     The new song is named after some fittingly metal subject matter: "Vlad, son of the Dragon", aka the historical inspiration for good ol' Dracula. It should therefore come as no surprise that this song slays in typical Black Dahlia murder fashion -- with fast melodeath riffing, machine-precise drumming, and Tevor's versatile shriek atop it all.

     Sure, it's not reinventing the wheel, but then The Black Dahlia Murder's wheel was doing just fine crushing everything in its path as it was. If Abysmal is just more of the same delicious TBDM flavour, you certainly won't hear me complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment