Thursday 19 March 2015

While She Sleeps - Crows

     Apparently I'm in a bit of a metalcore mood lately, because I've picked another offering from the land of chuggity chugs and breakdowns for your song this evening. And hey, what do you know, it's a bit of a throwback for this Thursday evening too.

     British metalcore act my have come a ways since their 2010 EP The North Stands for Nothing, but it's still my favourite release of theirs and the one with which I'm most familiar. As such, it's once again the source of your While She Sleeps Song.

     At less than three and a half minutes long, "Crows" is brief and relatively to the point, like most of the material on The North Stands for Nothing. It's got some decent melody going in its chord progressions too, reminding me a little of mid-career Architects. But besides everything else, it's a fun little metalcore song, and while the band's sound may have evolved in four years plus, I still digs me some of the old stuff. Czech it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment