Friday 27 March 2015

Wednesday: Pyramids - My Father, Tall as Goliath

     I'm continuing the work of catching up this evening, starting with what I'll loosely call a Wacky Wednesday song, if only because I can't really think of a good, succinct way of describing the latest from Texas outfit Pyramids.

     The recently-released A Northern Meadow is a dense cocktail of sound, mixing a lot of different flavours into something pretty unique. There's elements of drone, ambient and atmospheric stuff, sludgy post-metal, and more besides -- and that's all in the span of a single, not-necessarily-epic-length track.

     Intrigued? Impressed, even? You should be, and after a listen to "My Father, Tall as Goliath", I think you will be. Give it a shot and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment