Sunday 15 March 2015

Oceans Ate Alaska - Blood Brothers

     Sometimes we metalheads can be very elitist, looking down our corpse-painted noses at shit that isn't tr00 and/or br00tal. I rail against this all the time, trying to feature a variety of stuff from all kinds of different genres. Today I'm going to fly directly in the face of this elitist attitude by once again picking a song from one of the metalhead's most reviled subgenres: metalcore.

     Your Sunday Funday song is "Blood Brothers" by British metalcore act Oceans Ate Alaska, from their recent album Lost Isles. I call it a Sunday Funday song because it's fun, even if you don't want to admit it. Sure, it's all breakdown-y and core cliche, but it's well done core cliche. It's one of the better metalcore tunes I've heard in a while, so let go of your prejudice, embrace the dark side, and just spend three-and-a-half minutes indulging your less serious side.

1 comment:

  1. I dig this, though I am a bit partial towards some metalcore. I like the different tones the vocalist uses in his screams; adds some nice diversity.

    ReplyDelete