Sunday 22 March 2015

Friday: Ion Dissonance - Can Someone Please Explain This to Me?

     Morning, boys and girls. Miss me? Sure you did. I have only two word to explain my absence since Friday: Space Hulk. Look it up and be amazed at the depths of my dorkiness if you care to, but suffice it to say that I lost Friday to playing Space Hulk and yesterday to catching up on all the shit I didn't do on Friday.

     But you don't care about any of that. I'm just here for the metal, you clamour. I hear you, and after a fair amount of metalcore in the last week or two I've decided to get things back on track today with some heavier offerings in an attempt to placate you. Cool beans?

     To that end your Friday song is a quick, concise blast of chaos from Montreal's Ion Dissonance. "Can Someone Please Explain This to Me?" from ID's 2010 record Cursed is less than three minutes long but, like the rest of the record, it spans a lot of territory: detuned death-djentiness, spastic grindy grooves, flashes of tech. There's a lot to chew on here, so get to know Ion Dissonance if you don't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment