Friday 13 February 2015

Thrice - Stare at the Sun

     Happy Friday the 13th everybody. I've got yet another cool acoustic version of an already cool song to chase away your superstitious blues, so throw that salt over your left shoulder and watch out for that black cat walking under that ladder made of broken mirrors.

     I've been a fan of Thrice for more than ten years, following their musical journey as its taken them from punk-metal to post-hardcore to something that now draws from a number of genres and influences all at once. I'm certainly not one of those who dislikes the directions taken by the band's newer material, but at the same time I definitely have a soft spot for the old stuff.

     So when I decided that I was going to do a week of acoustic-themed posts, Thrice's acoustic rendition of "Stare at the Sun", originally from their 2003 classic The Artist in The Ambulance but heard here on their 2005 mini-retrospective If We Could Only See Us Now, was basically a no-brainer inclusion. Take a song that's always resonated with me and pretty it up a bunch? Yes please.

No comments:

Post a Comment