Monday 2 February 2015

Sunday: My Chemical Romance - The Ghost of You

     I've made it no secret around here that metal isn't the only kind of music I'm into. More specifically, I've made it no secret around here that I still enjoy the occasional act that one might (perhaps uncharitably) classify as "emo". Methinks metalheads would certainly label your Sunday band as such, and while I've never been a huge fan of theirs, I've always dug this one song at least.

     I can't really put my finger on why, but My Chemical Romance's "The Ghost of You" from their 2004 sophomore record Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge has long been the only song by them I've ever gotten really into. I don't know if it's the big budget, Saving Private Ryan-style music video, the haunting loss depicted in the lyrics, or maybe just some of the melodic choices made by singer Gerard Way, but something about "The Ghost of You" keeps it a consistent "guilty pleasure" of mine. Check your too-cool-for-school hate at the door and give this one a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment