Friday 30 January 2015

Wolf & Bear - Oil Cup

     Regular readers stand a decent chance of knowing that I enjoy the post-hardcore stylings of bands like Dance Gavin Dance. That kind of thing might not be Metal enough for some, but I grew up on various forms of it, and it still does the job for me. So I'm usually pretty interested when I come across somebody doing something similar.

     Wolf & Bear do something similar, in that they're also purveyors of energetic post-hardcore fronted by a twin-vocalist attack. Indeed, listening to their new single "Oil Cup" will likely make you think of DGD pretty readily, if DGD is something with which you're familiar. But Wolf & Bear is a bit of a different flavour, with the pop dialed back a notch and the post-hardcore up a smidge in its place.

     Is it a world of difference? Not really. Is it different enough to warrant a place alongside Dance Gavin Dance in your collection? You decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment