Friday 2 January 2015

Wednesday: Destrage - Purania

     Despite the fact that it's still Wednesday, the last day of 2014, in the land of Loud Noises Songs of the Day, out here in the real world it's actually the 2nd of January as I write this. In other words, 2015 is well and truly upon us, meaning it's also well and truly year-in-review season.

     Much of the internets has been doing this for a couple of weeks now, but I haven't quite got all my ducks in a row yet, and I like waiting until 2014 is actually officially over anyways. So while you'll have to wait a little bit yet for my Ten Best of the Year list and that kind of thing, in the meantime I implore you to enjoy a song from a band that may or may not appear on such a list whenever I get around to producing it.

     Are You Kidding Me? No. from Italy's Destrage spent a lot of time shredding its way into my brain this year. It's not hard to understand why -- vocal diversity, intricate drumwork, and furious riffing are all things I like individually, so put them together and the result is pure magic. Put on "Purania" from Are You Kidding Me? No. and prepare to be hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment