Thursday 22 January 2015

Tom Morello/Serj Tankian - Crazy Train

     Part of me wants to sit on this one and save it for the next Under the Covers of Darkness week, whenever the hell that might be. But I've seen such a polarizing reaction to this song today that I feel compelled to share it with you, just in case you haven't come across it on your own yet.

     The track I'm talking about is a cover of Ozzy's "Crazy Train" recently recorded by Tom Morello, Serj Tankian, Rudy Sarzo, and Vinny Appice for a Randy Rhoads tribute album. The reaction is mixed, but generally negative: comments attack everything from the mix to the solos, from the unoriginality of the interpretation to its looseness. So I figure you should check it out and make up your own mind. You could even post a comment below if you feel that strongly about it. Jeez.

No comments:

Post a Comment