Sunday 4 January 2015

New Year's Day: Darkest Hour - Be Forewarned

     Happy New Year everybody! I know I'm still a little behind the real world calendar, but here in Loud Noises land it's Thursday now, which means so long 2014, you hideous old crone! Hello 2015, you nubile young vixen!

     For this Thursday New Year's Day, I'm throwing it back a bit to Darkest Hour's 2001 sophomore LP So Sedated, So Secure for the first "official" post of 2015. Of course, I'm cheating just a little, in the sense that the song I've chosen is actually a bonus track from the 2006 re-issue of said album, but it's still a throwback of at least eight years, so it's enough for a Throwback Thursday.

     In fact, I picked Darkest Hour's cover of Pentagram's "Be Forewarned" not only because it harkens back to the band's early career but also because it's got a serious 60s Batman-type vibe going on with one of its riffs. I trust you'll know which one I mean when you hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment