Sunday 4 January 2015

Friday: I Am Giant - Russian Doll

     Don't say anything now, but I'm actually almost caught up with real time. But rather than spoil it by calling attention to it, I'm just going to keep plugging away until the plugging's done. This time out, I've got another mini connection to exploit connecting your Friday song back to a band I've written about a couple of times before.

     Does the name Exit Ten ring any bells for any of you? They're a now-essentially-defunct British post-rock/hardcore/whatever band whose 2008 album Remember the Day I very much enjoy. Unfortunately, they're on an indefinite hiatus, and those have a disconcerting tendency to become permanent, but at least a few of the members of Exit Ten are up to something in the meantime.

     Frontman Ryan Redman and guitarist Stuart Steele have gotten themselves hooked up with I Am Giant, another British purveyor of catchy and interesting heavy rock. Ryan in particular is a recent addition, and the guys released their first track with Ryan a couple of weeks ago. "Russian Doll" should appeal if you dug Exit Ten, or if big jams are your thing. This one's not complicated or anything, but it's still tasty nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment