Tuesday 13 January 2015

Exit Ten - Resume Ignore

     A week or two ago I wrote a post about I Am Giant, the latest project from a couple of members of now-apparently-defunct British post-rock/metal band Exit Ten. Today, listening to some of this very band, it occurred to me that there's a decent chance you didn't know who I was talking about. It has, after all, been a while since I featured a song of theirs. Time to fix that? I think so.

     To that end, tonight you're getting a tasty five-minute slice of heavy and melodic post-rock (the lack of harsh vocals leads me to hesitate before typing "post-hardcore") in the form of "Resume Ignore", originally from Exit Ten's 2006 EP This World They'll Drown (as heard at the link above) and later re-recorded for the band's 2008 debut LP Remember the Day. It's not going to blow your balls of with heaviness, but I for one think it's got enough head-noddy groove and chunky riffing to please even fans of much heavier persuasions. Check it out and lament that these guys are yet another band that can be filed under "indefinite hiatus".

No comments:

Post a Comment