Tuesday 14 October 2014

Interloper - A Red Letter Day

     As you may have noticed, I occasionally dabble in the internet's latest exercise in bandwaggonery, Throwback Thursday, both in a genuinely retro way and in a somewhat ironic, non-retro way (ie: my occasional "Techback Thursday" posts). But as I was listening to today's song, it occurred to me that I could just cut straight to the chase and make this thing un-ironic, non-retro, and totes badass.

     With that in mind, I give you the first installment of what I hope will become at least a semi-regular feature here at Loud Noises: Tech Tuesday. Is it the most original idea ever? Nope. Has it already been done before? Probably. Do I give any fucks at all? Sure don't.

     To kick things off today, I'm going with "A Red Letter Day" from Interloper, a proggy, instrumental band that's made up of members of Aenimus and Rings of Saturn. Now, I know that in the past the internet's had a decent amount of hate for Rings of Saturn and the idea that they can't actually replicate live what you hear on recording, but regardless of how you feel about Rings, and regardless of whether or not they have 100% of the chops they claim to possess, you should still check out "A Red Letter Day". It's nice and shreddy and techy, with a strong sense of melody, and even if were edited to shit to sound like it does, it still represents some solid composition. Keep an open mind and you might just have it blown.

     Oh, and happy inaugural Tech Tuesday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment