Friday 19 September 2014

Thursday: Killer Be Killed - Melting of My Marrow

     It hasn't been all that long (three weeks and change, by my count) since I've featured a Killer Be Killed song, but I've been jamming their record a bunch in the last week or so and it's growing on me like a weed. You really should check them out if you haven't already.

     It's certainly not my usual cup of tea -- proggy, techy, that kind of thing -- but the combination of Max, Greg, Troy, and Dave has something to it that's grabbing me and shaking until I bang my head. It's just plain solid, straight-forward metal, and sometimes that's exactly what the doctor ordered.

     It's hard to top that mean main riff from "Snakes of Jehovah", the last Killer Be Killed song I posted, but if you're looking for another stand-out moment or track I'd direct you to "Melting of My Marrow", which has some cool vocal work from Dillinger Escape Plan's Greg Puciato. It's great stuff, so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment