Wednesday 10 September 2014

The Ghost Inside - Avalanche

     You should all know by now that, in general, I like my metalcore a little more metal and a little less core. But I'm definitely not above cranking some metalcore that leans more heavily the other way.

     I was more or less unfamiliar with LA melodic hardcore/metalcore act The Ghost inside prior to hearing their latest song "Avalanche", and my younger self is wondering what took me so goddamned long to give these guys another listen. The punky speed and energy would have been right up high school me's alley, and the fact that vocals remind me a little of Karl from Misery Signals only seals the deal for undergrad me.

     No word on a release date for the album from which this track hails, or even a name for said record, but based on the strength of "Avalance" you can officially colour me interested in new material from The Ghost Inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment