Saturday 13 September 2014

Saturday: Trioscapes - From the Earth to the Moon

     I've spent a fair amount of time with Trioscapes' new record Digital Dream Sequence since it came out, and I've come to the conclusion that it's a grower, not a shower.

     Upon first listen, I thought, this is good, but not as good as Separate Realities. But after multiple listens, I've decided it's at least as good. It's grown on me with every listen, and today's song is a major reason why.

     "From the Earth to the Moon" might just be my favourite track on Digital Dream Sequence, thanks largely to the big fat groove that happens (for the first time) around 3:25 when all three instruments sync up for a passage that gets endlessly stuck in my head. Later, just shy of 6:00, when the guys touch on these ideas again with flute in place of saxophone, it's that much bigger because of it.

     The only problem? No upload of this song on Youtube, or anywhere else that I've found so far. So you're just going to have to get yourself a copy of Digital Dream Sequence to know what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment