Tuesday 23 September 2014

Finch - Two Guns to the Temple

     I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that I love surprises, but I do love when you forget about something you're looking forward to and then it kinda creeps up on you and BAM! pounces on you like an ambushing predator.

     Case in point: back in the spring I learned that badass post-hardcore band Finch had come out of hibernation and was working on a new album. I then, unfortunately, proceeded to forget this knowledge so deeply and completely that my discovery today that Back to Oblivion will be out next week catches me totally by surprise.

     At least it's a pleasant surprise, and one accompanied by a couple of new tracks the band's released over the last couple of months to promote the record, including today's song "Two Guns to the Temple". I don't know if Back to Oblivion will live up to the lofty standard set by its predecessor Say Hello to Sunshine, but the off-kilter vibe of "Two Guns to the Temple" is a pretty good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment