Friday 1 August 2014

The Zenith Passage - Simulated Reality

     I'm always on the lookout for new music, and when I discover something fresh I try to present it to you while it's still fresh. Being that I'm not in the business of metal news per se, I often find myself behind the curve on things. Hopefully, however, the Facebook pages of none other than both Cyborg Octopus and Archspire have pointed me in the direction of something you'll dig and that you have yet to hear about anywhere else.

     When bands like the aforementioned Cyborg Octopus and Archspire tell you that something is worth checking out, you fucking listen up, which is what I did when both of them shared a link to a pre-production version of a song called "Simulated Reality" by LA death metal outfit The Zenith Passage. And I wasn't disappointed: "Simulated Reality" is a tasty slice of suitable noodly and technical death metal that's got just the right amount of spacey atmosphere and melody sprinkled throughout.

     "Simulated Reality" is a pre-production track, so the mix could perhaps use a little work in places, but it's still an indicator that the next effort from The Zenith Passage could well be something to look out for. So take the advice of Cyborg Octopus and Archspire and check out some new The Zenith Passage today.

No comments:

Post a Comment