Tuesday 26 August 2014

The Contortionist - Language I: Intuition

     I'm sure you're all aware of the forthcoming third LP from The Contortionist, entitled Language and due out in mid-September. I've mentioned it, and my anticipation of it, before, but I missed the boat on sharing the first single with you when it came out a while back.

     Thankfully the guys have provided me with the perfect second chance, releasing an honest-to-gods music video for said single, "Language I: Intuition", and I shan't miss my opportunity on this one again.

     Absolutely stuffed with the ambient/atmospheric bits The Contortionist is so adept at, "Intuition" also brings a bit of groove and a smattering of the band's old heaviness. "Intuition" also sounds to me like a smaller piece of a larger whole, and if that's the case, Language sounds like it could be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment