Monday 11 August 2014

Monday: Pomegranate Tiger - Stars

     I know it hasn't been all that long since the last time Pomegranate Tiger provided me with your Song of the Day (I picked "Not to See the Sun" to accompany the Pom Tiger Twenty Questions post that went up back in July). But last night's show was such a good time, and Pomegranate Tiger killed their opening slot, so I figure they've earned a little more Loud Noises love.

     Tonight I'm going with "Stars", another track from the band's self-titled debut LP. "Stars" is a chunky riffathon, chock full of the shreddy arpeggiating (arpeggio-ing?) that's pretty much Pomegranate Tiger's stock in trade. "Stars" is also a good Pom Tiger song to check out if you don't know them, because it strikes a good balance between being proggy and being concise, between being heavy and being melodic, between being technical and being accessible. Check out "Stars" and then agree with me that these guys need to release album number two already.

No comments:

Post a Comment