Tuesday 29 July 2014

The Isoceles Project - Oblivion's Candle

     I know there's great metal and heavy music to be had the world over. More than I ever was before I started this blog, I'm acutely aware that, especially in this internet age, your next favourite band could come from virtually anywhere. But that doesn't mean that I'm any less delighted when I find out that somebody cool is from right here in the Great White North.

     Today's band is no exception.  The Isosceles Project is a post-whatever instrumental trio from Toronto that succeeds at the challenge of keeping the listener interested despite the lack of vocals. Your song this evening, the title track from their 2012 EP Oblivion's Candle, is a perfect example of their chops. A lot of ground is covered in the near-thirteen minute running time of "Oblivion's Candle", including a couple of stylistic shifts, but it's a meandering journey that's never boring. Have a listen and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment