Sunday 27 July 2014

Sunday: Nine Inch Nails - Piggy

     Almost caught up on the catching up, and as promised your finale this evening is a Nine Inch Nails classic to celebrate the nostalgiarific Nails/Soundgarden tour stop in Toronto tonight. This one's for you, Mike. Wish I could be there.

     My first real introduction to Nine Inch Nails (other than maybe hearing "Head Like a Hole" or something else from Pretty Hate Machine) was the classic The Downward Spiral in high school, and one of the songs that always really stuck with me was "Piggy". I don't know if it's just because it's one of the first tracks on the album and thus got into my brain early, but any way you slice it to this day "Piggy" is still one of my favourites. Maybe they'll play it tonight? Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment