Sunday 27 July 2014

Saturday: Soundgarden - Loud Love

     Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden are playing on the same bill in Toronto tonight, and even though I'm not going, an old friend from high school who now happens to live in the city is. My jealousy has inspired to me live vicariously through him a little bit and them the final two posts of your weekend catch-up to suit the occasion.

     I'm not completely sure if the show is supposed to be a double-headliner kind of deal or whether one act is opening for the other, but in my head it feels like Soundgarden should be opening for the Nails (if only based on the band's careers lately) so we're going to do a Soundgarden song for yesterday leading into a NIN song for today. Sound like a plan?

     For your Soundgarden opener, I'm going with one of the first Soundgarden songs I ever learned to play on guitar, and my first introduction to the band's deep catalogue. Like everyone else, teenage me was familiar with Superunknown, and to a lesser extent Badmotorfinger, but learning "Loud Love" on guitar turned me on to just how good 1990's Louder Than Love is. I hope that listening to "Loud Love" this evening will do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment