Tuesday 1 July 2014

Monday: Coheed and Cambria - Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)

     Speaking as I was yesterday/earlier about bands that should get back in the saddle and write a new record already, Baroness isn't the only act I'd put on this list. I know they're gearing up for a fall tour playing their breakthrough album in its entirety, but Coheed and Cambria could stand to drop some new music on me.

     Sure, the second part of the acclaimed The Afterman double record did only just come out last year, but I'm already ready for the next Coheed chapter. Their catalogue is just so consistently good that I figure more can only be better, right? Yeah, that might be both flawed logic and tempting fate a little bit, but the heart wants what it wants.

     So have a listen to a pop-rock blast from Coheed and Cambria's past in the form of "Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial) from the band's longwinded 2005 record Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV Vol. 1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness. It might be a convoluted song title, and a convoluted album title, but the track is rock solid, so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment