Wednesday 23 July 2014

Eidola - Going Nowhere

     If I had to pick a genre umbrella under which to stick today's band (which I guess I don't, but I'm still going to see this intro through...) I'd go with post-hardcore. But don't let that vague, vanilla terminology dissuade you from discovering a pretty interesting listen in Eidola.

     Snappy energy, vocal harmonies and acrobatics,  a smidgen of atmospheric post-progaliciousness even -- Eidola's debut LP The Great Glass Elephant reminds me a little of Death Before Disco or even Dance Gavin Dance, if perhaps a tad less... emo than either.

     Have a listen to "Going Nowhere" from 2012's Glass Elephant and get into an Eidola mood, then come await the band's new album Degeneraterra with me, because this could be one very tasty sophomore record.

No comments:

Post a Comment