Thursday 31 July 2014

Callisto - Stasis

     I've just been reading about Callisto on Heavyblogisheavy, and I'm intrigued enough by their suggestion of the song "Stasis" that I'm going to pass that recommendation along to you. Read on if you're post-metal fan.

     "Stasis", and the album Providence from which it comes, reminds me a little of The Ocean, or even Baroness, in terms of the qualities of its heaviness: large doses of melody, often a little melancholy, with veins of sludgy rough edges sewn throughout. It's a balance that makes the seven-and-a-half minutes of a song like "Stasis" fly by in short order. I haven't yet gone back through Callisto's catalogue as Eden over at Heavyblog encourages, but I've definitely got something new to chew on. Why don't you chew too?

No comments:

Post a Comment