Tuesday 10 June 2014

Tuesday: Origin - Absurdity of What I Am

     Sometimes when I post about something non-metal, like yesterday's Closure in Moscow song, there's this small part of me that feels like I'm neglecting the metal crowd. It's the reason why I like to follow something non-metal with something all the more crushing, and it's the reason why I've got some straight up death metal for you today.

     "Absurdity of What I Am", the latest track from the forthcoming LP Omnipresent by Origins, is a beast of a song from front to back. Blast beats and trem picking abound, but the lock for me is the riff that starts around 1:20 -- such a groove! I normally like things to be a little proggier, a little more varied than "Absurdity", but sometimes there's something to be said for sheer relentlessness. Following some funked out art rock just happens to be one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment