Saturday 21 June 2014

Friday: I Mother Earth - One More Astronaut

     It's my birthday this weekend, and since we're having a few similarly-aged people over this evening I figure I'll hit you with a couple of alt-rock classics from my youth for today and yesterday, both of which happen to be by Canadian bands. Why just today and yesterday, and not all weekend? I've got plans for tomorrow, friend. Oh yes. Plans.

     But first thing's first: yesterday. To kick off this birthday weekend we're going with what is arguably I Mother Earth's biggest song, "One More Astronaut from the band's 1996 sophomore disc Scenery and Fish. I Mother Earth is still kicking, even after some hiatus time over the past decade and a half, but for my money the "Edwin Years" are the best ones, from which songs like this one still play regularly on alt-rock radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment