Thursday 22 May 2014

The Atlas Moth - City of Light

     Another forthcoming record that's getting a lot of hype is the latest from The Atlas Moth, The Old Believer. Being woefully uninitiated in the ways of The Atlas Moth, today I decided it was high time I saw what all the fuss was about. And it's a good thing I did too, so I can pass all that fuss on to you.

     Epic and expansive while still sounding sparse and uncluttered, doomy while still sounding soaring and transcendent, The Atlas Moth certainly do present a lot to take in. If today's song, "City of Light", is any indication, The Old Believer sounds like it'll be one of those albums that'll reward multiple listens from the dedicated listener, and given that this record already looks like a strong contender to appear on lots of end of year 'best of' lists I'd say there are a lot of dedicated listeners ready to go. After today you can count me among them.


No comments:

Post a Comment