Monday 26 May 2014

Album of the Week: Sylosis - Conclusion of an Age

     Alt-rock not doing it for you, Monday-wise? I know Cake might not be enough to help you get over the demise of the weekend, so I've decided to get back to this blog's roots with this week's album. Hopefully some 'shredding from Readin' will be just what the doctor ordered to set your week up right.

     Long-time readers will by now be pretty familiar with my love for British thrash titans Sylosis, but just in case you're late to the party, let me try and sum things up as succinctly as I can. Think Metallica if they never lost their edge. Think Revocation from across the pond. Basically, think classic thrash mentality meets modern metal technicality.

     OK, that might not be the most succinct description, or the most descriptive, but maybe it's giving you just enough of an urge to check these guys out (assuming you don't already dig 'em). Their entire catalogue is good, but this week I'm recommending their debut LP Conclusion of an Age. They've upped the ante on every one of the their recordings, but for my money they've yet to come up with something that's better start to finish, end to end, than Conclusion of an Age. So have a listen (or five) and then come back and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment