Monday 7 April 2014

Sunday: As I Lay Dying - An Ocean Between Us

     The strange and unfortunate case of As I Lay Dying frontman Tim Lambesis may be all but over with his guilty plea a month or two ago, but it seems the rest of the band is indeed going to solider on in some form or another.

     Recent posts to the Instagrams* of each of the remaining band members teased some snippets of new music the guys are working, and while it doesn't really sound terribly different from standard As I Lay Dying, it does sound a tad fresher to me, a tad more hungry. Maybe new whatever they're going to be called will actually be better than As I Lay Dying had become?

     Notice the question mark there? Yeah, I'm going to hold off proclaiming glory or doom for now. Until we have more concrete evidence on which to base a real opinion, let's listen to some older AILD and go with the title track from 2007's An Ocean Between Us.



*Yeah, that's a thing now. Instagram is a source of news.

No comments:

Post a Comment