Tuesday 1 April 2014

Pantera - Yesterday Don't Mean Shit

     Today wasn't a bad day for me or anything, and neither was yesterday, but this evening I find myself thinking, like the Bard, of tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. If I've learned anything from writing this blog, it's that you've always got to be moving forward. Writing a daily post, even a brief one recommending a song, means that you're always thinking about today, and tomorrow if possible, and you can't get hung up on yesterday.

     As a bit of a perfectionist who can dwell on things, especially when it comes to my written work, this is an important lesson for me to learn. There's a lot to be said for the idea that you're only as good as your last whatever, but it's also good to keep in mind that maybe you're only as good as your next whatever. Today's song is a good reminder to keep your head down and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

     Before you hit the hay tonight, jam Pantera's "Yesterday Don't Mean Shit" from 2000's Reinventing the Steel and get ready to face tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment