Monday 7 April 2014

Monday: Mastodon - Divinations

     Mastodon fans were given reason to celebrate last week when it came to light that the band's latest album is done being recorded and awaits only some final mastering touches before it can be unleashed upon the world. We also found out (or at least I did, maybe you already knew, smart guy) that the disc will be entitled Once More Round the Sun.

     In my book, news of an album nearing completion plus the reveal of said album's title equals grounds for featuring a Song of the Day by the band in question, and the fact that Mastodon isn't some up and coming new band isn't going to dissuade me one bit. So it's time for a Mastodon Monday.

     Last time I did a Mastodon song, I picked "Oblivion", so it feels only natural (almost mandatory, really) to go with "Divinations" this time around. Press play and say a prayer to whichever gods you favour that this album will drop sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment