Friday 21 March 2014

Thursday: Revocation - Spastic

     I know Revocation's killer self-titled LP only came out last year, but I'm already ready for new material -- and not in a "palate cleanser" kind of way. No, I really dig Revocation, and I just can't wait to hear what the guys come out with next.

     Revocation's work in general, and Revocation in particular, is chock full of riffs that are singable while still heavy as fuck. I can't count the number of times I've found myself humming something from a Revocation song even when I'm not listening to anything. Today's song features just such a riff.

     The main riff to "Spastic" is appropriately weird and dissonant-sounding, but I defy you to listen to the song a couple of times without it getting stuck in your head. "Spastic" is also an instrumental track in the vein of the best from the first few Metallica albums, late-in-the-running-order displays of technical prowess like "The Call of Ktulu" and "Orion". Revocation has definitely taken up the thrash torch.


No comments:

Post a Comment